Bethnal Green Ventures (BGV) is a leading early-stage ‘tech for good’ investor and accelerator. Our mission is to build a global community of great tech startups & founders which provide huge positive social impact and financial returns.
We’re moving fast and to support the next phase of our growth we’re looking for a creative, talented communicator to help tell the story of BGV, and the fantastic tech for good startups we support, across a range of communication channels. You will work with the BGV partner responsible for communications strategy, supporting all our comms activity. In particular, you will lead on producing dynamic and shareable content for our social media channels, increasing online engagement and growing our community events.
Alongside day-to-day communications, there are two big projects we’re focusing on this year that you will be heavily involved with. The first is a review of BGV’s brand and online presence, and you will play a key role in taking this forward. The second is the development of the Tech for Good community in Europe, through building networks in other countries and creating inspirational content and events, and you will support the strategy for how we do this and roll out of activity in this area.
To apply for this role, please visit https://goo.gl/mPFxrP
* Managing BGV’s social media profile, developing really great content to grow our reach and engagement with target audiences.
* Responsibility for the BGV website, ensuring all information is up-to-date and accurate.
* Developing content for other marketing material, such as our newsletter, demo day programme and brochures.
* Managing our Tech for Good London meetup and rolling out additional activity to grow the community in the UK and Europe – potential travel opportunities involved!
* Managing BGV events such as Demo Day, mentor and alumni events (with support from an events intern).
* Developing opportunities for BGV to be represented at external events, and acting as a BGV spokesperson yourself.
* Supporting PR and media work for BGV helping us get some nice coverage around key events.
What can we offer you?
* An amazing learning experience working alongside startups solving big social and environmental problems.
* Exposure to our growing network of alumni, mentors and investors.
* A great work environment and supportive team culture.
* Commitment to your personal development, and £1000 per year training budget
* 5% pension contribution.
* £27,000 to £31,000 salary dependent on experience.
* Opportunities for international travel.
The ideal person will:
* Have excellent communications skills: an enthusiastic, fluent writer and articulate speaker, with a strong attention to detail.
* Have a solid grounding in social media best practice.
* Be keen to learn about all aspects of BGV’s work, and be able to tease out clear and compelling stories and think creatively about how to promote and share them.
* Have a track record in developing thoughtful and engaging events.
* Have experience of working to tight deadlines on multiple projects/tasks.
* Share our interest in technology, startups and social innovation – prior knowledge of the sector is not absolutely essential, but you must be keen to quickly gain an understanding of the environment we work in.
* Have an affinity with BGV’s mission and values and be excited about the opportunity to work with socially motivated startups.
* Be team oriented, with a ‘can do’ and ‘hands on’ approach to helping out the wider BGV team wherever necessary.
If you want this job we’re hoping that you already know or are quick to learn about these things. We’ve set some application questions linked directly to these areas and some actual challenges we are thinking about.
We are asking people to apply through the Applied website. For the application form, please visit https://goo.gl/mPFxrP